The erstwhile Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal Haryana Government Institute was upgraded to Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology, Murthal through an act of legislation dated 30.10.2006 issued vide Haryana Govt. notification No. Leg./33-2006 dated 6.11.2006.The University is located on the National Highway No. 1(G.T. Road) 48 Km. from ISBT, New Delhi towards Chandigarh. The location of university falls within one of the fastest growing industrial belt of Haryana. The University is spread over 273 acres and has a fully residential campus with ample built up space in a contemporary architectural idiom.
This university aims to create new frontier of knowledge and produce excellent engineers who have learnt their skills in an environment of highly competent & skilled faculty– engineers who will known for their innovation, imagination, synthesizing & analytical competence, scientific intellect and who are committed to excellence.
The objectives of the University are
to Create self-sustaining Centres of Excellence
- to facilitate & promote studies & research in engineering areas of higher education with focus on the new frontier of science, engineering, technology, architecture & management studies
- to produce excellent technical professionals with human values.
- to create an academic environment where all are involved, and where teaching & learning are both a pleasure and are seen as positive gain.
- to give hands-on training.
- to contemporize technical education through ICT (Information & Communication Technology)
- to offer a suitable environment for overall development of individual.
- to promote Institute-Industries interaction programs for producing innovative excellence.
- to meet the increasing needs of the millennium & to cater to the technical education demands of the National Capital Region, by offering various technical/professional courses at Under Graduate , Post Graduate and Research Levels.